/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Why Awkward Smoking Pictures?


In recent years the Food and Drug Administration and the Surgeon General have spoken out vehemently of the dangers of smoking. Because of this, a major shift has taken place in our society. Locales that once welcomed smokers are no longer so agreeable. This has left renegade smokers to seek out a smoking refuge in shame. Due to the harsh conditions forced upon smokers it will not be long before the habit dies out completely, leaving our future ancestors nothing but fossilized cigarette butts and ash trays to hint that there had ever been a habit. Please join us as we pay homage to what may one day be the lost art of smoking.



















All  of the Awkward Smoking Pictures were taken by the super talented Emma Nathews of Emily Dean Photography. I'm excited to announce that she will soon be making a stop in Nashville. Details to come. 

19 comments :

  1. This series cracks.me.up. Is that so wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think this is my favorite one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's a good idea, but it isn't on the short-list. We would have to be stealthy. Or, really ballsy. A smoking organist would be awesome, though.

      Delete
    2. Stealthy and balsy go hand-in-hand. At least someone in the choir. A smoking florist would be stellar, too. A crossing guard, a life guard, and fire fighter, if you could wing it.

      Delete
    3. I am working on a smoking fry-cook angle, but wouldn't a smoking dry cleaning attendant be awesome?

      Delete
    4. A preacher smoking during a baptism.... or eulogy...

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! I am so glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are hilarious. Love the little cloud of smoke while looking at the ultrasound machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! What's even better is that my gynecologist let me do this in his office. We're pretty tight. (That was NOT a reference to my lady parts.. at all.)

      Delete
  6. Smoking in the confessional...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are crazy! The last pic is my fave. The ultrasound pic somewhat disturbed me, but the others are pretty funnY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. OMG! The ultrasound pic even creeped me out a little/lot.

      Delete