/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Luke-isms: What's An Expert?


Luke (4) and I were cuddling on the couch this morning and watching a little Thomas the Tank Engine when that cheeky little engine referred to someone as "an expert."

"Mom, what is a expert?" (That's his poor English, not mine.)

"It's someone who's really good at something because they know a lot about it, like your Daddy is an expert about medicine."

"Oh yeah, and you're an expert on TV, and sweeping, and the commode."

I stopped him right there because my ego was on the verge of rupture. 

"I'm an expert at a lot of fings," he added.

I agreed. He's an excellent observer. 

2 comments :

  1. I'm impressed that he used commode instead of potty which makes him an expert at vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now I'm removing my yellow rubber gloves and putting on my Proud Parent hat. His preschool teacher nicknamed him "The Professor." It fits since he tries several times a day to properly use the word "hypothesis." It comes out Pretty close.

      Delete