/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Luke-isms

When I started feeling poorly last week I assumed I was dealing with the same virus Luke had been battling, so I put off going to the doctor at all. A few days later he was a lot better and I was not. When Friday rolled around I knew it was time to give in.

I'm such an attentive mother that when we got out of the car at my doctor's office I was surprised to see Luke wearing pajama pants and one of my headbands. I felt badly enough that it barely registered on my care-ometer. However, the look on my face must have said enough because he immediately offered, "It keeps my hair out of my eyes."

When we walked into the office there was one other person in the waiting room. Luke couldn't handle the silence.

"So my name is Wucas, also known as Wuke. This is my Mom. She's name is Wori. She has a sore froat and diarrhea, so that's pretty gross."

I went from wanting to die, to wondering if I already had and gone to hell. Luke was quickly given a blue raspberry Slush Puppy from the receptionist, so that kept him quiet for a little while. By the way, if your doctor's office doesn't have a free Slush Puppy machine, then you need to change providers.

12 comments :

  1. Ha! I'm dying. From laughing so hard. I may be crying too. It's what I do. I can't stop actually. I need to change providers STAT. Dang ghetto doctors with no slush puppy machines. WTH? I thought you had a cool photo app that had a Frankenstein setting. Nope, that's just the slushy stains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A Frankenstein app sounds pretty cool, though. True story: they didn't give him the red flavor because "last time it made him kind of wild."

      Delete
  2. I'm gonna need the name of your Dr. And maybe Luke can talk my girls into wearing headbands for the same reason. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Denise, my doctor is the bomb. In reference to Luke he said, "You know I love you, but that shit is a handful. Are you on something for your nerves?"

      Delete
  3. Your doctor gives out Slush Puppies? The headband. No biggie. The blue Night of the Living Dead mouth? Meh. The diarrhea? Sorry 'bout that. But, the slush puppies? For free? At a doctor's office? That just blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Good to know that you will have him to care for you when you are old and senile. P.S. Slush Puppies in the office! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I'll be walking to the nearest nursing home!!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love it! At least he was concerned enough to speak up! And slush puppies? I'm getting gypped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slush Puppies aren't exactly tackling the obesity epidemic, but for a sick kid they're great.

      Delete
  6. I need a slushie right now. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete