/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What Grinds My Gears

Today I was at the doctor’s office and found myself in the waiting room for what seemed an eternity. The wait time was not the problem. I did, however, have the displeasure of sitting across the room from someone who had one of those two-way radio cell phones. Words cannot express my disdain for this contraption. The idea that everyone around you wants to hear both sides of your conversation is arrogant and rude. With each annoying beep-beep of the phone I died a little more inside.
I understand the concept of using the radio to save your cell phone minutes…but at what cost? Today I actually heard the person on the other end of the line say, “she can have the four-wheeler but she best not touch my chickens.” I ask you again. At what cost?
How badly I wanted to contact the person in question and implore upon them to please not touch this man’s chickens because he sounded pretty pissed off. But alas, I could not. And so I wait. I wait to hear a story on the news revolving around a double murder over a four-wheeler and a chicken who was assaulted and raped with its own beak. It pains me.
Beep-beep.

No comments :

Post a Comment