/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

While searching the internet for Father's Day craft ideas to do with Luke, I came across a list numbered one to ten. The instructions said to write nine things you love about your dad, and one thing you'd like to change. Is that really the message we want to send our father's on their special day?

"Dear Dad, I love it when you come to my soccer games...but I wish you didn't show up drunk."

"I love it when mom gets child support checks...but I wish they weren't always late."

"I love it when we spend all day together...but it'd be ok if you got a job."

"I love having fun with you...when you're on your meds."

Let's pledge to make this a special day for all the dads in our lives. Give them complete control of the remote, while they watch the program of their choosing in total silence. At the very least, call your baby daddy and tell him, "Thanks for being you." It's just for one day. You can do it, because come tomorrow he'll be watching Sesame Street while being pelted with "why" questions and cooking lunch. That's how it works in my house, anyway.

2 comments :

  1. Ha! Drunk daddies at soccer games are always funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job of capturing the essence of contemporary fatherhood in these YouTube-eye-ted States!
    Good one Lori

    ReplyDelete