/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

the Mask

I was on my way to a writer's meeting yesterday evening when I passed someone on the interstate who was driving and applying makeup at the same time. I could make a "farding" joke here, but I won't because I'm classy. This brings me to my question, how on earth can you do these two things at the same time? I have enough going on in the car with all of my drinking and texting, but applying makeup? That's too much. If I even attempted applying makeup while in the passenger seat, I would arrive at my destination looking like a whorish clown, at best. I think I will continue to play it safe for me and everyone else between here and the liquor store, by applying my mask prior to leaving the house. My only alternative is to risk being seen in public with a naked face and possibly being mistaken for Rocky Dennis.

3 comments :

  1. I can't even put my mascara on in the bathroom without getting it on my forehead. I think I too will take a pass on the in-the-car applications. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, make (up) your face (while driving).
    I DARE ya.
    What you need to ask yourself is "Am I feeling lucky today?" Well, are ya?
    ...
    Just in case you were thinking about upping your game, I just had to lay a little Eastwood on you.
    I think at one time or another we're all dirty and hairy, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can do it and I sometimes read magazines while driving too.

    ReplyDelete