/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Friday, November 12, 2010

Poor Kanye...and "all that jazz"


Hey Matt Lauer, why so brutal? And by brutal, I mean talking in a voice soft enough as to not wake a baby. Don’t get me started on the rational and necessary questions you posed to Kanye West on the Today Show this week. How do you expect someone to offer a half-hearted apology for saying stupid things over and over if you are going to make them feel a discomfort, known to most people as guilt, in the process?
Shame on you, Matt Lauer. Whenever you are ready to apologize to Mr. West, he can be reached in his ivory tower.

3 comments :

  1. It's a shame some artistic types like me are so easily distracted/disturbed by what other people call "normal" as NBC/Matt Lauer have done to Kanye. For instance, I am distracted by tailgaters and people who pull out from a side street right in front of me, forcing me to avoid damage to health/property by slamming on my brakes and hoping that the tailgaters don't get me from the other side. The same passengers who claim my tormentors are just "normal" seem to forget that as they curse the @#$!% out of anyone who does the same to them when they're driving.
    The kind of racism Kanye was attributing to Bush is still very prevalent where I live and is so woven into the social fabric that nobody mentions it until a loose thread (violent or otherwise) calls attention to the "peace" being worn here. Because Kanye's words have been taken out of the context (formed by this kind of knowledge) by media, I understood how desperately he was trying to find/use words that were more difficult to remove from the context and Matt's questions' wording continued to put the situation into a Kanye-shaming context. Certainly Kanye should not retreat from nor retract knowledge of the kind of racism I've seen. And that was what Matt was trying to push for: "Oh it was all just Kanye's bad judgement in the heat of the moment."
    It's also a shame that an obviously agitated Kanye was further stressed by distractions from noise both on and off-camera as he tried to compose his thoughts and keep the interview "real" in the present moment rather than letting Matt spin it.
    You know how to reach me at my ivory tower where I continue to try to evade "normal"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanye is the biggest Narcisist I have ever seen. That dude truely believes he is better than other people.

    ReplyDelete