/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Doghouse and a 3-Hour Lunch

I found myself in a new position this past Valentine’s Day.  Get your minds out of the gutter.  I’m referring to the doghouse.  Here’s how it all went down.  Every weekday my husband, Brantley, listens to the radio show, Three Hour Lunch, on 104.5 The Zone.  You could call it his “me” time, and during our tenure together I have had quite a few chances to enjoy the show myself.  Blaine Bishop, Clay Travis and Brent Dougherty are the hosts, and even though I don’t always know what they’re talking about they still manage to make me laugh.  Well, yesterday I got one of my really good ideas.  I thought, “Wouldn’t it be great if I infiltrated Brantley’s precious radio show by being one of the callers?”  I toyed with this idea while I listened to the humorous Three Hour Lunch commentary.  It was around noon when one of the hosts brought up the subject of bad Valentine’s Day gifts.  He said they would be taking calls and wanted to hear about the worst Valentine’s Day gift you ever received.  However, it sounded more to me like, “Hey Lori, it’s God.  Call this number.  Everyone would LOVE to hear what you have to say.”  How could I say no?



No comments :

Post a Comment