/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Luke-isms

In the wake of our house flood, courtesy of Luke (3 yrs. old), I am a little wary of leaving him alone for any amount of time. However, there are times when it is inevitable. Yesterday morning as he played with his trains I told him, "I'm going to go get dressed. You can stay in here, or come with me."

"No thanks, Mom. I'll stay here."

Every few seconds I would call out a question to him. It was my way of letting him know I may have been out of sight, but I wasn't far.  "Luke, which trains are you playing with?" I called out.

"It's ok, Mom," he called back in a far away voice. I ran out of my bedroom and into the hallway.

"Lucas Payne, where are you?" I was on my way down the stairs when he opened the office door and looked at me with a guilty smile.

"It's ok, Mom. I'm just in Dad's office. It was an accident. Let's sing some songs about Jesus."

I entered the office and found fishing line tangled around the desk where he had been practicing casting his fishing pole. I ushered him back upstairs noticing for the first time that I only had on one shoe. Luke sang as he climbed the stairs, "I'm so happy, so very happy. I have the love of Jesus in my heart."

"Oh, you better."


1 comment :

  1. Sounds like he was ready for his "come to Jesus" moment.
    :)

    ReplyDelete