/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brantley-isms: Valentines Shmalentines

I believe Valentine's Day is a made up holiday perpetrated on consumers by the candy, greeting card and medical industry in an effort to have us needlessly spend money. Those with partners fall for it hook, line and sinker with Godiva chocolates, and cheesy cards about love. Those without partners unnecessarily decide they must have a partner, if only for one night. That person then goes home with someone from the bar, catches a germ that won't wash off, and shows up at their doctor's office for treatment three to four days later.

One of the many things I love about my husband is that he is as unromantic as I am. Most women would've been appalled at the question he posed to me last week regarding Valentine's Day.
"Hey, instead of getting each other Valentine's Day cards this year, can we each throw five dollars in the garbage can? That's where it'll go the next day, anyway."
My heart swelled with pride. "You complete me."

I don't need a specific day of the year to remember that I have the most wonderful husband in the world (when he isn't being a butt hole). Happy VD everyone.

3 comments :

  1. Wait... it's made up by the stores? And here I thought it was from the National Confederation of Husbands to make sure they had at least one night a year for guaranteed fornication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do VD either!! (The holiday or the diseases...)

    I did send some questionable emails to The Dad only to discover, I was sending them to the wrong email address. Of course.

    ReplyDelete