/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

En Construcción

The Wescott home is undergoing some updates. We are replacing all of the floors upstairs which has rendered me unable to use my bathroom, and left me feeling somewhat displaced. In preparation, Brantley removed the toilets and placed them in the shower so the tile could be laid. He was very pleased with himself over having done this, and informed me of the situation by saying, "I have a surprise for you in the bathroom." Finding a commode sitting in the spot where I normally clean myself is not my idea of a good surprise, but what do I know.
On second thought, having a commode IN the shower could really be a time saver.
To ensure that the workers do their very best job I am constantly forcing Gatorade and snacks on them. This, however, has led to several awkward encounters. Despite the fact that they all speak fairly good English I first communicated with them by shouting and doing sign language. Realizing how dumb that was, I then shook my head and quoted the Ricky Ricardo refrain, "Ay, ay, ay." Later in the day when one of the men walked out the front door, Baxter used the opportunity to make a run for it. I'm sure they were impressed with my Spanish when, after retrieving him, I said that Baxter can be very "Andale."

Brantley now asks that I leave the workers alone. It's probably not a bad idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment