/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Healthier, Happier Me in 2013

Can I be frank for a moment? 2012 kind of sucked for me. There were ups with the downs, but a lot of downs nonetheless. That's not to say that I didn't experience some wonderful things in 2012, because I did. Every day that I wake up and have my amazing family and support system around me is a gift. That doesn't, however, erase the shitty things that happen. It doesn't make them disappear.

"But Lori, this is your humor blog. Where's the humor in this?"

I'll get to that, but I first want to explain why at times it has been difficult for me to find the humor in day to day life and write about it. Without getting into too much detail (I do have a little dignity. See what I did there?) suffice it to say that I went through struggles in my profession that led to struggles with my health. It was a very dark time. The good news is that I feel like I'm on the mend. I feel more like myself than I have in several months. I have a lot of people to thank for that and they know who they are.

After working hard to be better and attaining it I realized that it wasn't enough. I wanted to be at my best. So in an effort to be my "best self" I've drastically changed what I put into my body. That's right. The Wescott's have gone organic. Not quite vegetarian, but close. Don't worry, though. I'm not going full-on hippy, and for now I will continue shaving my armpits. I'm also going to yoga a couple of times a week and just feel better in general.

After two weeks of my healthy lifestyle changes I felt great and was able to fit into a pair of my skinny jeans. I was so excited that I asked Luke, "How do I look?" He responded with, "Hang on. Wet me get my crayons, markers, and gwue. I'll be right back!" I'm guessing he saw room for improvement, and that's ok because I plan on improving. A stronger inside and a stronger outside.

Long story short, thanks for hanging around for the not-so-regular posts, and for allowing me to bend your ear. Good things to come.



PS: People fart in yoga- like a lot.

2 comments :