/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pinterest, Parties, and Pearls: Elle Turns One

Last month I turned thirty-three and discovered my first gray hairs, but I didn't lose my cool. It sounds strange, but I feel as though I earned every one of those little gray babies. I'm getting old and I'm ok with it.

Here's the part where I reflect.

I don't regret many of my young-life decisions because they taught me a great deal, but if I could go back and change just one thing what would it be? Would it be to have more patience, or compassion? Would it be to work harder? No, if given the chance I would throw a better first birthday party for my son and it would be epic.

Just three years ago we threw Luke's first birthday party. At the time, I remember thinking it was pretty boss. (Do the cool kids still say that?) Then, last week we went to a relative's first birthday party that was complete with every Pinteresting detail imaginable. In walked regret complete with tutu and pearls.

I came home and sifted through old photos determined to find something from that first birthday that would be of equal or greater value to what I had just witnessed. This is what I found.


The photo quality is poor because it was probably taken on a four, or five-year-old camera phone (add to list of regrets), but the sentiment isn't lost. There stands my better half groping the bosom of a cardboard cut-out at our only son's Hawaiian luau-themed first birthday party. 

Why don't you look at some other pictures while I snot-bubble cry, okay?

Drum roll, please. I give you...

Elle's First Birthday

-Love a nice entry-


-This is mostly where I hung out-

-Beautiful cake, but also note that no one is being groped in these photos-

-clipped to the blinds were "A Year of Firsts" in photo-

-Pearl detail on the refreshment bin-

-Beautiful-


-The only time at the party that she didn't act like a lady involved cake-

Is it wrong to want a do-over kid just so I can throw a better party for him/her? I'm sure kids are born every day for worse reasons than that. Quick! Someone tie my tubes!!

No comments :

Post a Comment