/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Monday, September 16, 2013

Luke-isms: He's Having A Baby

I received an email from Luke's teacher last week stating that he was overheard at circle time asking a couple of little girls to marry him because, according to him, he was going to be having a baby soon. 

I didn't give him too hard a time over it when he got home from school, but Brantley questioned him about it later that night. 

"Lucas, you know babies are expensive. If you want one you better get a job."

"No, Dad! That is NOT right. You can't just take money to a store and buy a baby. They're not for sale." His emphatic statement was then followed by a glance in my direction with an eye roll expressing his disapproval of his Dad's baby ignorance. 

Dads-- when will they learn?


Lori

6 comments :

  1. Smart boy you have there! And good job by the way because that was a parenting FAIL for me...my child told me that we could go to Target to get one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Not necessarily, though. You can get certain types of babies there. I hear they are the VERY low maintenance kind!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad he's got it all figured out, now if guys could start having the babies and babies could also not be expensive Luke could rule the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured that one out too, when I realized it's nearly impossible to get the place where you got the baby to accept a return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. Only certain things can go in, and certain things can go out.

      Delete