/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Luke-isms: A Self Esteem Builder

There are plenty of times that I take special care to use a shampoo that is specific for my hair type and, ahem, color. In fact, I almost always have separate "Mommy shampoo and conditioner" in the shower that no one else is allowed to touch. 

However, last week Luke and I were fighting off a virus (I don't mean Brantley. We were actually ill.) and instead of standing up to take a shower I decided to take the path of least resistance and just collapse into the bathtub. There was only one problem- my precious shampoo and conditioner were not within reach and after a hard-fought inner battle, I settled with what was sitting right next to me-- Luke's 2-in-1 shampoo bearing a "tear free" label.

I believe in a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner less than I believe in Bigfoot, but I used it nonetheless. 

A bit later I was getting ready to blow dry my hair when Bigfoot, just kidding, Luke walked into the bathroom. 

He sniffed the air a couple of times, then paused. A big smile came across his face as he asked, "Mom, did you use my Smurf-berry shampoo?"

I tried to hide my shame. "Yes, I did."

"I can tell. You look SOOOO handsome! Here, let me help you comb it. I'm a great comber."

And with that, I sat on the stool while Luke combed my hair backward, starting at the back of my head and combing toward my forehead. When he was finished creating the "Cousin It" look he stood back and admired his work. He did his best to contain his excitement. "Try to leave it just like this 'til Daddy gets home. Oooooh, he's not going to believe it!"



Lori

No comments :

Post a Comment