/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Just Want To Be Alone!


Luke: "Mom, will you help me make a sign for my bedroom door?"
Me: "If I can coordinate the colors to match your bedroom and mount it on card stock?"
Luke: "What does that mean."
Me: "It means I'll help you if you let me make it pretty."
Luke: "No!"
Me: "Then, no. I won't help you."
Luke: "Ok, fine. But, not too pretty."
Me: "Deal."

I didn't realized at the time that I had just agreed to make a sign that had the sole purpose and intent of keeping ME out of his bedroom. However, I didn't fret over it for too long because truth be told, I appreciate space and privacy just as much as my five-year-old son. Maybe more...

This is one of many examples of why I am delighted to be a contributing author in the soon to be released book, I Just Want To Be Alone.

Jen of People I Want To Punch In The Throat is a blogger that people love to love and love to hate, depending on who's receiving the aforementioned throat punch. Last year, she released the wildly successful precursor to this book- a hilarious view of motherhood entitled I Just Want To Pee Alone. However, when Jen asked who would like to take part in a second volume which was to include the topic of husbands I raised both hands and a foot. 

You may have read the bit of husband bashing I wrote about in "You Have Lipstick On Your Teeth" last year, but something tells me you'll have my back once again after reading my chapter, "Rehearsal Dinner Roofie." 




Lori

No comments :

Post a Comment