/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Monday, April 6, 2009

TGIF...I think

After recently forgetting a friend’s birthday I was forced to yet again deal with a problem I have been stricken with since quitting my old day job. I never know what day it is. And when you think about it, why should I? Most people have a Monday through Friday rhythm that they don’t even have to think about but every day feels like Saturday to me. I don’t have anywhere to be at 7 am except home. My son isn’t old enough to go to school and my work at home is never done so it doesn’t matter what day it is. To make matters worse my husband works a rotating schedule of weekdays and weekends, so no Monday through Friday deal there. I have to say it’s a little hopeless.
In nursing homes there are dry erase boards in all the patient rooms. The staff writes what day it is and who will be caring for the patient that day. It’s a little help in the orientation department. My husband is considering doing this for me and to be honest I don’t think it’s a bad way to wake up. You open your eyes, yawn, stretch and glance at the board. “Today is Monday, April 6, 2009 and your husband is Brantley.” Sounds like a plan. Now if I can just get him to feed me applesauce we’ll be in business.

1 comment :