/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The 2007 Teddy Grahaming

Guest blogger- my little sister, Leigh

I was working my shift at the pharmacy when a lady pulled up to the drive-thru window. She had two young kids in the backseat who were bickering and snacking on Teddy Grahams. The customer told me she was picking up a prescription for Lortab under the name Murphy, but when I went to the bin to retrieve it, it wasn’t there. I questioned the pharmacist regarding the location of the missing prescription and she informed me that Ms. Murphy had gotten her Lortab refilled just two days prior and should have several tablets left.

I reluctantly walked to the window to deliver the bad news. “I’m sorry, Ms. Murphy but you can’t get your Lortab refilled for two more days.” She immediately became very upset and started shouting expletives at the top of her lungs.

I apologized again to Ms. Murphy and noticed her reaching into the backseat. Before I knew it, I was being hit in the face with something. Unfortunately, my quick thinking didn’t kick in because I was pummeled with three or four handfuls of Teddy Grahams before it occurred to me to close the window. Once the window was closed, she continued throwing gobs of the tasty snack to no avail. They ricocheted off the glass and a few even landed back in the car with her.

Although I was hit several times, I escaped with only minor injuries. Had the police been called I think the news story would’ve read something like this, “Officer Jones was quoted as saying that this was the worst Teddy Grahaming since the infamous Teddy Grahaming of 1988…but it could’ve been a lot worse.”
I offer you a word to the wise. Be careful out there on the streets because you never know when you might be the victim of a drive-by Teddy Grahaming.

3 comments :

  1. dang pill-heads and their teddy grahams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say that I have never had anything thrown at me for making someone wait a few days for their Lortab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very cute! Amazing what people will do when they can't get their drugs!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete