/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Friday, May 14, 2010

Blackbirds Take Two: Financial Rape

On Wednesday I hid out in Luke's playhouse for an hour while I shot at the blackbirds. I came close, but never actually hit them. That afternoon everything got surprisingly quiet. The constant bird traffic ceased and the chirping stopped.
I received a call that evening from Ash Busters saying that they would be late. After inquiring, I was told that they had NOT brought the cages to cover the vents (as I had asked them to when I scheduled our appointment). The guy still came out "to take a look," but I think that was just to appease me.

He came back Thursday afternoon and swept the vent (read: hooked a leaf blower to it and turned it on), finding debris, but no birds. They placed a six dollar cage over the vent, and handed me a bill for $239. I bent over, and wrote them a check. Next time this happens, I think I will invest in my own BB gun and use our own LEAF BLOWER to "sweep" the vent.

2 comments :

  1. Dang that sounds like the "service" providers where I live. Yes if the reason for bringing in those guys was for "humane" treatment, you certainly were not the recipient of such anymore than the birds. BB guns aside, I've helped rid chimneys/vents of birds (including owls) nests and as long as you're prepared for the attacks*, you can safely and humanely do the work for alot less than #200.
    *Attacks?...yes, it's similar to me ridding my bathtubs & sinks of scorpions. If I am not prepared with thick rubber gloves I could get hurt. btw, I don't worry too much about being humane to the scorpions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Dash! I should have called YOU!!

    ReplyDelete