/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Monday, July 29, 2013

No Place Like Home

I want to give a huge thank you to Tara and Kristen for filling in for me last week and bringing you all lots to laugh at in my absence. 

Vacation actually ended a little earlier than we had planned on when Tuesday night/Wednesday morning we were exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning. It was one of the scariest things I've ever been through. 

Try as I might to resist, my brain can't help but what-if the entire experience. 

What if we hadn't woken up with headaches?

What if I hadn't called 9-1-1 when I did?

What if Emma hadn't been there to take care of Luke while I was in the hospital?

What if I hadn't regained the ability to speak?

What if the after effects never go away?

What if? 

What if? 

What if?

I know how lucky we are to be able to tell this story. Most people who experience carbon monoxide poisoning are not. I'm thankful for that, but at the same time I am frustrated at the after effects. Dizziness, tremors and headaches are unpleasant, but apparently pretty typical in the short term. My difficulty verbalizing will hopefully continue to get better with time. The words are in there. I can see them in my head, but they don't always come out on command.

Lori