/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bringing the Heat

An intense heat wave has hit the southeast and outside my middle Tennessee home it was 103 degrees today. That was the actual temperature, not the heat index. I managed to stay outside this morning long enough to water my flowers, but that was all I could manage. The tomatoes would have to wait until tomorrow. It was hot, too hot to breathe, and too hot to have on underwear.

I began running down my list of chores for the day and struggled to think of some way to entertain the boy without melting him. That’s when it occurred to me that it was too hot to do anything, really. Going swimming was out. The water would feel like a warm bathtub, at best. Going to the park was out. It was too hot to go to the zoo, or for a walk. So, we settled for watching cartoons and playing with his trains indoors. It made for a day filled with less action than usual, but we made it.

In my heat exhausting boredom I came up with a list of things that it is too hot to do. In addition to the above, it is also too hot to

· Skinny dip
· Cook
· Turn on the dryer
· Have sex (Now I’m just taking advantage of the heat, but he’ll never know)
· Come up with a decent blog entry

Forgive me, but I don’t function well in extreme hot or cold temperatures. My body is having a difficult time maintaining homeostasis and there is a river running through my cleavage. We’ll talk in a few days when things are better. I better be going. My lawn is beginning to smolder.

1 comment :

  1. Isn't this heat awful? But too hot to wear underwear AND too hot to go skinny dipping? I don't do well with extreme hot/cold either, tho I'd rather have -10 than over 100 anyday.
    Still I think some scenes from the Woodstock movie showed us that it's never too hot for skinny dipping. It may be time for city folks to start a riot just to get hosed down! And it only seems like yesterday that we thought Nashville had more than enough water to keep cool with...

    ReplyDelete