/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Leigh Does China

My sister, Leigh, and her boyfriend, Carl, made it safely back from China this week.  I talked to her on Thursday and we had a nice long conversation about everything they did and saw.  After talking with her for about an hour we wrapped up the conversation and before we hung up I asked, “So nothing crazy or scary happened on your trip?”  Then, as if she were recounting a trip to the post office she added, “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I was hit by a car and attacked by a monkey.”

Apparently China doesn’t have stringent traffic laws, or in some places, traffic lights.  She was attempting to cross an intersection, on a crosswalk no less, when she was hit.  “It just rolled me up on the hood and pushed me forward a little.  It didn’t hurt.”

As for the monkey story, Leigh and Carl were posing for a picture when someone happened by with their pet monkey.  It immediately ran up her leg, crawling across her face, and stopping on top of her head.  “I wasn’t sure of the laws regarding monkeys and self defense, so I just kind of stood there.  I didn’t want to end up in a Chinese prison for punching a monkey in the face.”  I couldn’t argue with that.

Fortunately for me, the person with the camera kept snapping, and for that I say thank you.








2 comments :