/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Can See Clearly Now. The Shame is Gone.

I've spent well over a year watching my car's rear window tint bubble up and wrinkle into something almost impossible to see out of. I made a couple of appointments to have it replaced, but had to cancel both times due to other obligations. Something always came up that had just a tad bit more priority than driving safety. 

The way the tint looked from the inside made every white vehicle behind me look like a police car. This was a constant source of anxiety for me because, just between me and you, I have a pack of cigs I use for Awkward Smoking Pictures hidden in a secret compartment in my car. I only discovered this compartment a few moths ago, and ever since the [*whisper voice*] cigarettes were put in there I feel like I'm carrying drugs around. Constantly thinking there is a policeman in your rear view mirror is not cool when you're ridin' dirty. 


No, it was a Nissan Sentra. *Note-Both of these photos were taken on clear, sunny days.
Just four days ago, I dropped my car off at X-treme window tint in Franklin, TN. They had my car finished in under two hours. During that time they managed to remove what they referred to as the, "dead tint," because once it starts to bubble it no longer serves its purpose at blocking the sun, and replaced it with smooth, normal looking tint.

I felt fancier than the Duchess of Cambridge and said goodbye to all of my old, poor friends.

Not only does it look better from the outside, but I can see as clear as a bell when I glance into my rear view mirror. Sure, I'm still riding dirty with smokes hidden in my car, but now that I can tell what's behind me I'm a little less paranoid about it.

What I can see in my rear view mirror now on a cloudy day! Ahhh...

9 comments :

  1. Riding dirty = really funny! Glad you got it fixed for safety (if not for the peace of mind of not thinking every white car was the poe-poe, that's what my SIL calls the police and I can't stop). Anyway, have you seen Jimmy Fallon with Justin Timberlake in their History of Rap 4 mash-up? Hilarious and it features your song. One of my fave videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you said you're still "riding dirty!" LOL. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, well a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do ;-)

      Delete
  3. Riding dirty...that did me in! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can pretty much quote they lyrics to the entire song. "With no regard for the law. We dodge 'em like f@#$ all."

      Delete
  4. "I felt fancier than the Duchess of Cambridge and said goodbye to all of my old, poor friends." Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Please read this reply in a fancy British accent.) Many thanks to you, Janel. Although, I will have to admit some of my old, poor friends haven't taken the hint.

      Delete