/**/    <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Loripalooza]-->   

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Something To Lift You Up: #FedByThreads


Because I'm not feeling especially funny this week I would like to take this opportunity to share with you a company that has really inspired me. 

It is close to my heart for several reasons, one of which is the memory of my late grandmother losing her job at a textile mill when the company she worked for was moved overseas. 

Alok Appadurai and Jade Beall are entrepreneurs and environmental advocates who set out to create an eco-friendly clothing line. Their goals were to stop outsourcing jobs, stop ruining the environment, and stop blaming the hungry for being hungry. Their organization, Fed By Threads, has done just that.

They are now the first and only humanitarian, sustainable, US-made clothing line and store in America that feeds 12 emergency meals to hungry Americans from each item sold.
That's an organization I can really stand behind. To see more of their one of a kind items visit their website, www.FedByThreads.com. 

Organic Devi Hoodie $38

Organig "Taj" Mini Dress $42
Organic "Liam" Zip Hoodie $50
Organic "Locally Grown" Unisex T-Shirt $25


Organic "Lion" Onesie $20
 
Organic "Elephant" Onesie $20

I don't know about you, but I really dig the hoodies.

Lori


6 comments :

  1. I love hoodies too! And what a wonderful organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome organization! Thanks so much for sharing them on the #LOBS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And I'm enjoying my first blog share! #LOBS Reading lots of new and interesting blogs.

      Delete
  3. Such a great organization, Lori! I really appreciate you stopping by LOBS to share this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete